Two Towns – One Book: Clifton Park & Halfmoon Read
2013-2014 NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
Please help us find the perfect book for our 2013-2014 Community Read! Our goal is to bring people in our community together through the shared reading and discussion of a common book. Please accept our invitation to nominate a book for our community to read together. If you know an additional book that would be perfect for our community read, we welcome you to nominate more than one book. We are looking for a book that will inspire rich discussion and community activities and encourage younger readers to participate through companion books and related activities.
From your nominations, five books will be selected for a community vote that will take place in the fall. Nominations will end May 31. The winning book will be announced in November.
Friends of the Library Receives Stewart’s Holiday Match Funding
Visit Kids Read, Too! for recommended
junior companion books, activities, and events.
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
If you missed it or wish to view it again, click here to see our Kick-Off Event – Survival, Resilience, Redemption: Veterans’ Stories
Click here for for photos of Books and Brunch 2013!
A Call for Volunteers!
Several sub-committees were formed in year one to move this project forward, including Book Selection, Book Readers, Public Relations, School Connection, Programming, Author Events, and Fundraising. We invite interested residents to serve on a sub-committee and be part of this exciting program.
Contact Linda Conklin, Chairwoman of TTOB, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Can I Get Involved?
- Get the BOOK! Check out a copy of the selected book or purchase your own copy at your local bookstore. The title will be available at the Clifton Park – Halfmoon Library in hardback, paperback and audio format. This title will also available as a Book Club in a Bag version, for book clubs wishing to check out multiple copies at once!
- Read! Join your family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors in reading the same book – together!
- Register your Book Club.
- Attend our related programs.
- Check out our web pages weekly and watch for the official Schedule of Events in January!
- Sign up to receive e-mail updates about TTOB related programs and events.
- Attend a Community Discussion at the Library or a local bookstore. A complete list of Community Discussion groups will be available on our web site. Official Discussion Questions for your own book group will also be available here.
- Join our volunteers.
- Become a Community Partner.